Surge Eliminator & Power Conditioner
• Advanced Series Mode® Surge Protection • Impedance Tolerant® EMI/RFI Filtering
The SA-162 is specifically designed as a professional surge elimination power distribution platform for audio, video, broadcast, computer and all other valuable or sensitive electronic equipment. Our proven, robust technologies and unmatched level of certification make SurgeX essential for Pro AV, IT, Medical, Government, Military and all mission critical applications.
- Magnetic shielding steel enclosure
- 274cm (9’) grounded 3-wire #14 mains cord with CEE7/7 plug
- 2 grounded CEE7/7 mains receptacles
- Advanced Series Mode® Surge Elimination
- Advanced Impedance Tolerant® EMI/RFI filtering
- Self-test circuit with visual indicator
- 10-year warranty
- Engineered in the U.S.A.
The SA-162 provides proven SurgeX technologies in a form factor suitable for compact installations, portable use or retro-fitting installations with existing power distribution facilities. It is an ideal power conditioning solution for situations where rackmount or other fixed installation products are unsuitable.
The SA-162 is rated for 16 amps and has 2 industrial grade mains receptacles. The SA-162 provides Advanced Series Mode® guaranteed surge elimination alongside both common mode and normal mode Impedance Tolerant® EMI/RFI filtering.
When fitted with the optional mounting brackets the SA Series can be mounted in convenient and discrete locations for fixed installations that require a transparent solution.
- Protection Type: Advanced Series Mode®
- Load Rating: 16 amps @ 230 volts 50 / 60 Hz
- Power Requirement (no load): 3 watts
- Surge Let-Through Voltage (6000-volt surge): 0 volts
- Safety Certification: IEC/EN 61643-1
- Performance Rating: Grade A, Class 1, Mode 1
- EMI/RFI Filter, Normal Mode (50-ohm load): 40dB @ 100kHz; 50dB @ 300kHz; 50dB @ 3MHz; 50dB @ 30MHz
- EMI/RFI Filter, Common Mode (50-ohm load): 18dB @ 300kHz; 30dB @ 1MHz; 50dB @ 5MHz; 50dB @ 20MHz
- Maximum Applied Surge Voltage: 6000 volts*
- Maximum Applied Surge Current: Unlimited, due to current limiting*
- Maximum Applied Surge Energy: Unlimited, due to current limiting*
- Endurance (C62.41-1991 Category B3 pulses): 1 kV>500,000; 3kV>10,000; 6kV>1000
- Dimensions: 10.7cm H x 26cm W x 10.5cm D (4.21" x 10.24" x 4.13")
- Weight: 3.3Kg (7.28lbs)
- Temperature Range: 5 to 35 C
- Humidity Range: 5% to 95% R.H., non-condensing
*1.2 x 50Ás pulse, industry standard combination wave surge, as per IEEE C62.41
The surge eliminator shall be a compact standalone unit in a magnetic shielding steel enclosure. It shall operate from 230 volts AC 50 / 60Hz and have a 274cm (9-foot), grounded, 3-wire #14 line cord. There shall be 2 earthed mains receptacles. Overall dimensions shall be 260mm x 107mm x 105mm (10.24” x 4.21” x 4.13”). Weight shall be 3.3Kg (7.28lbs).
The surge eliminator shall have a load rating of 16 amps at 230 volts, a self-test circuit with a visual indicator and provide EMI/RFI filtering. There shall be a rear panel polarity warning indicator. It shall meet Grade A, Class 1, Mode 1 guidelines for powerline surge suppressors and withstand at least 1000 occurrences of surge pulse voltages up to 6000 volts.
Countries Included in this Region
- Czech Republic
Errors and omissions excepted. Specifications subject to change without notice. SurgeX International is a division of New Frontier Electronics Inc.
This product, including its components and/or processes carried out thereby, are covered by one or more of the following: U.S. Pat. No.
4,870,534. 4,870,528. 6,728,089. 6,744,613. 7,068,487. Can. Pat. No. 1,333,191. 1,332,439. 0ther Patents Pending.
All SurgeX® products are backed by a 10 year warranty Power Protection You Trust!