Surge Eliminator & Power Conditioner
• Advanced Series Mode® Surge Protection • Impedance Tolerant® EMI/RFI Filtering • SurgeX ICE® Inrush Current Elimination• COUVS® Catastrophic Over/Under-Voltage Shutdown• Remote Control Capability
The SX1213RTi provides guaranteed surge elimination and power conditioning for environments with complex mains distribution systems or system critical boot-up sequences. The SX1213RTi is an ideal power platform product for use in mains power distribution systems and can be interfaced with master control systems and other SurgeX products. Our proven, robust technologies and unmatched level of certification make SurgeX essential for Pro AV, IT, Medical, Government, Military and all mission critical applications.
- Magnetic shielding steel enclosure
- 2.5m power cord
- 10 earthed AC receptacles on rear panel (8 switched; 2 always on)
- Front panel courtesy receptacle
- Remote control compatible
- Advanced Series Mode® Surge Elimination
- Advanced Impedance Tolerant® EMI/RFI filtering
- SurgeX ICE® inrush current elimination
- COUVS® catastrophic over/under voltage shutdown
- Thermal circuit breaker overload protection
- Self-test circuit with visual indicator
- Polarity indicator
- 10 year warranty
- Engineered in the U.S.A.
Switched receptacles can be controlled with an applied voltage (5-30 vdc) or contact closure switch connected to the Phoenix connector on the back panel. The connector can also be used to cascade multiple units or provide status to a central controller.
The SX1213RTi provides guaranteed surge protection and power conditioning for audio, video, broadcast and computer equipment. The units are 13-amp load-capable and have 10 industrial grade earthed AC receptacles (8 switched, 2 always on) plus a front panel courtesy receptacle. A rear panel warning light will indicate incorrect polarity of the AC supply.
The unit features both common mode and normal mode Impedance Tolerant® EMI/RFI filtering; SurgeX ICE® -Inrush Current Elimination and COUVS® -Catastrophic Over/Under Voltage Shutdown for a complete power conditioning solution.
SurgeX Advanced Series Mode® technology is superior to conventional MOV circuitry or MOV-Hybrid designs and is completely non-sacrificial. Our zero let-through technology provides the most reliable protection available. It stops all surges up to 6,000 volts (unlimited surge current) without producing harmful side effects such as earth contamination or common-mode disturbances.
- Load Rating: 13 amps @ 230 volts 50 / 60 Hz
- Power Requirement (no load): 6 watts
- Surge Let-Through Voltage (6000-volt surge): 0 volts
- Safety Certification: IEC/EN 61643-1
- Performance Rating: Grade A, Class 1, Mode 1
- EMI/RFI Filter, Normal Mode (50-ohm load): 40dB @ 100kHz; 50dB @ 300kHz; 50dB @ 3MHz; 50dB @ 30MHz
- EMI/RFI Filter, Common Mode (50-ohm load): 18dB @ 300kHz; 30dB @ 1MHz; 50dB @ 5MHz; 50dB @ 20MHz
- Maximum Applied Surge Voltage: 6000 volts*
- Maximum Applied Surge Current: Unlimited, due to current limiting*
- Maximum Applied Surge Energy: Unlimited, due to current limiting*
- Endurance (C62.41-1991 Category B3 pulses): 1 kV>500,000, 3 kV>10,000; 6 kV>1000
- Undervoltage Shutdown: 180 volts (auto resetting)
- Overvoltage Shutdown: 280 volts (auto resetting)
- Maximum Load Inrush Current During Power-up: 1000 Joules
- Remote Turn-on Applied Voltage Range: 5 to 30 volts DC
- Remote Turn-on Current Draw:
- Contact Closure: 1.5mA
- 5V DC Applied Voltage: 0.1mA
- 12V DC Applied Voltage: 1.5mA
- 24V DC Applied Voltage: 5.0mA
- Auxiliary Relay Contact Rating: 30 Volts at 1 Amp
- LED Output: 12 volts DC, maximum 20 mA (resistor required)
- Dimensions: 4.5cm H x 48.3cm W x 26.7cm D (1.75"H x 19"W x 10.5"D)
- Weight: 5.0 kg (11 lbs)
- Temperature Range: 5░ to 35░ C
- Humidity Range: 5% to 95% R.H., non-condensing
*1.2 x 50Ás pulse, industry standard combination wave surge, as per IEEE C62.41
The SX1213RTi shall be a one-rack-space unit in a magnetic shielding steel enclosure. It shall operate from 230 volts AC 50 / 60Hz and have a 2.5m power cord. There shall be 10 earthed AC receptacles on the back panel, with 8 switched and 2 always on. The unit shall have a front-panel courtesy receptacle and remote-control capability with a visual indicator. Overall dimensions shall be 4.5cm x 48.3cm x 26.7cm (1.75"H x 19"W x 10.5"D). Weight shall be 5Kg (11 Lbs).
The SX1213RTi shall have a load rating of 13 amps at 230 volts, a self-test circuit with visual indicator, and provide EMI/RFI filtering, inrush current elimination and catastrophic over/under-voltage shutdown. There shall be a rear panel polarity warning indicator. It shall meet Grade A, Class 1, Mode 1 guidelines for powerline surge suppressors and withstand at least 1000 occurrences of surge pulse voltages up to 6000 volts. The SX1213RTi shall be safety certified to IEC/EN 61643-1.
Countries Included in this Region
- Sri Lanka
- Hong Kong
- Saudi Arabia
Errors and omissions excepted. Specifications subject to change without notice. SurgeX International is a division of New Frontier Electronics Inc.
This product, including its components and/or processes carried out thereby, are covered by one or more of the following: U.S. Pat. No.
4,870,534. 4,870,528. 6,728,089. 6,744,613. 7,068,487. Can. Pat. No. 1,333,191. 1,332,439. 0ther Patents Pending.
All SurgeX® products are backed by a 10 year warranty Power Protection You Trust!